Bath fined for releasing Faletau

first_imgFaletau was allowed to feature in a 24-22 victory over the Springboks at the Principality Stadium on December 2 despite the Test falling outside World Rugby’s international window.Bath had been aware that sanctions could be imposed for giving the number eight the green light to line up for his country.The Premiership club on Wednesday confirmed they have been slapped with a fine and called for a change of regulations.Bath chief executive Tarquin McDonald said: “We understand Premiership Rugby’s position on this, and have subsequently worked proactively with them to swiftly achieve a fair resolution.”We believed this situation would change, that has not yet happened and we have therefore come to an appropriate settlement with Premiership Rugby.”However, we continue to believe that there is appetite for change and that this ongoing conflict between the club and international calendars is not good for players, clubs or unions.”We continue to support the objective of a solution for the separation of club and international calendars in a way which benefits players, clubs and unions, and brings an end to situations such as this.” Photo Getty Images. Caption: Wales number eight Taulupe Faletaulast_img read more

Construction company backs Malalaua league

first_imgOwner of Dekanai Constructions company David Fallon with his project manager Jim Taparu, also the patron of the association, were excited to support young sportsmen from the province.”Dekenai has a very good name in the community, employing 600 staff and we will continue to support the locals,”Fallon said.His company was excited about the new Malalaua to Kerema road construction and sees a huge potential for the province and the country as a whole to tap into the vast resources.Competition president George Lare and his vice president Emmanuel Oii were on hand to receive the dummy cheque and were full of praise for the company for the timely support.Mr Lare said the money will be used to purchase trophies and medals for the winning teams in the grand final in November.The rural competition is made up of young boys from the two LLG wards of Taure and Lakekamu areas in the East Kerema district of Gulf Province.President Lare thanked Dekenai Construction and said this was the first time a company had come forward to support the village competition after numerous requests for funding to the Gulf Provincial Administration and member for Kerema Richard Mendani were unsuccessful.”We started with 12 clubs at the beginning of the competition,but due to financial difficulties the number of teams dropped to ten clubs,” President George said.The competition since affiliating to the PNG Rugby Football League in the country had to conform to the high standard set by the national body to ensure all clubs registration fees were on time for the competition proper to kick off earlier this year.The competition is now into its tenth year of competition and has struggled through the years with no funding from the provincial government and the frequent  flooding from the Taure river during the rainy season which bursts the river banks, seeing  the whole station go under water and the games forced to stop.Malalaua is situated on a flat low lying area surrounded by swamps and during wet season the small station struggles to deal with the flooding.This year the venue had to relocate to Terapo Catholic Mission station as it is a central location for the teams to access the venue and on higher, more stable ground. The Malalaua League has A and B grades, mainly youths aged  17 and 18 years, who take up rugby league to stay away from the pressures of alcohol and drug abuse with the aim of making it to the Gulf Isapea team in the Digicel Cup. The association consists of 3 teams from east Kerema, 2 from coastal and the rest from Mailovera villages including Iosipi Kangaroos, East Kerema Broncos, Pisu United and Terapo Roosters who are hot favourites to make it to the grand finals. The Malalaua Rugby League Grand Final is scheduled in the first week of November.Picture Caption: (from left to right) David Fallon, Jim Taparu, George Lare, Emmanuel Oiilast_img read more

Bromwich, Hampton charged for dangerous throw

first_imgThe two players attracted the attention of the NRL match review committee from the Round 15 Dragons-Storm clash on Saturday night.The Storm duo were charged for a 34th minute challenge on Dragons centre Euan Aitken, but a previous good record means the pair can escape suspension with an early guilty plea.last_img

Team ENB stands united ahead of PNG Games

first_imgThe team held its bonding day on Saturday, mainly to bring all sports men and women of the Province together.“Bonding meaning that we are together, united,” said the provincial youth and sports representative, Philip Tale.“We are one big family who will represent this province,” added the deputy team manager, Alois ToBata.The occasion on Saturday became an opportune time for the Team ENB management officials to give the sports men and women their expectations of them, as well as share with them words of encouragement.Their aim was to get the team focused and ready for the 2016 PNG Games in November. Team ENB is prepared to improve in all sporting codes this year.“We are the team to beat. There is no reason why we can’t win these games,” said ToBata.Athletes were warned that strict disciplinary measures will be taken in tackling problems amongst athletes.ENB will be sending a total of 600 athletes to participate in 17 sporting codes. Sending the entire team to Kimbe would cost a total of K2.5 million; K1.9 million of which the provincial government will provide. The management team now has been tasked with the responsibility of raising and or securing another K600,000.Another two briefings will be held, similar to the one which was held last Friday.The second briefing is scheduled for next Friday and will be held at the Vunapope Archdiocese Hall.Between the times scheduled for the second and third briefing, Tale told athletes that the management team will also be taking time to personally approach the different sporting codes to have talks with them.The short program began with a word of prayer that was led by Nevill Aporo and ended with a team chain prayer.(Team ENB during their chain prayer on Saturday.)last_img read more

10 years of the Togolese machine gun attack

first_imgAmong the wounded was Obilale. So serious that they came to him for dead. The goalkeeper survived and had to face up to eight important operations to return to lead a life as normal as possible. As he explains on the BBC, everything changed at that moment. “I went back to study, took out my titles, worked and wrote a book,” he acknowledges. Now, try to improve the lives of children with more needs through football. A football that, at least at the institutional level, left him aside until relatively recently. His companions, according to this British chain, did not. Not even his captain, Adebayor. Nor other legends of African football like Samuel Eto’o or the Ayew brothers who supported him throughout his recovery and subsequent years. A tournament with one less teamAfter the attack, the Togolese government decided that the team would turn and leave the African Cup although Several players tried to oppose by ensuring that the best tribute was to play the tournament.Finally, security prevailed and the team ran out of the Africa Cup. Days later they tried to be readmitted in the tournament but the CAF did not allow it. The team wanted to return to fight for theirs and honor the memory of those who lost their lives on that fateful bus trip. “For 42 minutes we only heard shots. Everywhere. I only heard my friends scream but I couldn’t move or do anything.” This is how Emmanuel Adebayor narrated last April in Daily Mail one of the worst moments of his life, the shooting of the Togo national team bus on January 8, 2010.Ten years ago, Togo’s team was on a relatively quiet trip from Pointe Noir, in Congo, where they had prepared for the tournament, to Cabinda, Angola, headquarters where they began to play the group stage of the Africa Cup.The bus crossed the border between Congo and Angola and there, the Angolan security forces joined the convoy. A few kilometers later they would cross a forest and hear a first shot that would start a shooting with machine guns of more than half an hour. This attack would be claimed by the Front for the Liberation of the Cabinda Enclave, a group that fights for the independence of this area belonging to Angola.That day Amelete Abalo, technical assistant, Mário Adjoua, bus driver and Stan Ocloo, press officer died. The death of Adjoua in the first minutes of the attack caused the bus to stand still and that the bus could not even attempt to get them out of the ambush. Ocloo was shot down while, unfortunately, he recorded a video of the quiet arrival of the players to the country celebrating this tournament. During the attack, all the team threw themselves on the floor of the bus and held on as they could. Several were injured. Adebayor, team captain, narrated what happened. “As captain, I told everyone to call his family. I called my wife. I was pregnant and told him the names I wanted for my son if he was a boy or a girl. He replied that he didn’t understand anything and I said ‘I’ll call you later if I’m still alive, “he confessed. FRED TANNEAU & nbsp; (AFP) ‘); return false; “class =” item-multimedia “>Kodjovi Obilale, wounded goalkeeper, rests in a hospital in Lorient, France, in March 2010.FRED TANNEAU (AFP)last_img read more

Rubi: “Falling before Real would be a very hard blow”

first_imgBetis coach Rubi analyzed the shock that his team will play this Sunday against Real Sociedad and detailed the keys to winter planning that left two new players on their squad. The second round, in liza: “We have reinforced the squad and now it has more level, more means and more possibilities. They are for immediate performance because they are contrasted players, they will be seen getting better and better. ”Need for improvement: “It was a poor first round, 24 points are few for what we deserved. We go for all in the second round, I will not consider the points to get because this changes a lot. But it is true that Betis must win many games and make a great second round. ”About Guido Rodríguez: “The sensations are good. He had a very busy 2019 match but he arrived very well and did not lose the form in those days. He is seen back with a ball and is a player who can help us a lot. ”Once before Real: “I have a team in mind with several possibilities. Change the team if in the end you have Nabil or you don’t have it. The important thickness is what you all know. Does everyone fit? For me the important thing is that there are more possibilities and the players will demand more from each other. I have to try to be fair with decisions, with performance and what I want is to win games. I ask you to be team players. When it’s their turn not to play and wait, they fight to get in and cheer on the team. They will not always play the same“ Final against Real: “In case of defeat it would be a very hard blow. It is a match in which you depend on yourself to cut distance with that rival. We know we were hurt there, they were better than us and we want to show that we can be better. There can also be a draw and that would not leave the final situation as to not entering Europe. ”Odegaard: “He has made a first lap of luxury, it was a joy to see him play football as a rival. It costs me nothing to say. We don’t want to suffer it and hopefully it’s not a great Odegaard. ”Quique Setién: “The first thing is to say that I’m not a lover of coach changes, is always the one who knows his staff best. I want to convey to Valverde all the best, I also wish the best to Setién. What I want is for Betis to do better than the other teams. Rumors? There was already a lot of talk about that, but I’m not sure of anything. Our performance was irregular, if I had to come Quique or come another, because that was not my thing. What I intend is that the people who judge us trust what we are doing. If there are not two good results, there will always be doubts. ”Departures: “What is tickets I do not think there is any forecast. If there were any way out, which I don’t see today, I could change that. The market can always change everything. I don’t know that any management is very advanced. ”last_img read more

Valencia was exposed to two outbreaks of coronavirus risk

first_imgValencia has reported that 35 percent of the personnel linked to its first squad (coaching staff, staff and players) has tested positive for Covid-19 infection. Only the names of Garay, Mangala and Gayà have been released for the time being, in addition to the delegate Camarasa and Dr. Aliaga. Of the cases confirmed today, the club maintains the anonymity of those infected. Valencia in its statement did stress that the contagion is due to the “inherent exposure of the parties” and has taken advantage of their case to send a message of awareness to society of the “high contagiousness of the virus”. Valencia, for more preventive measures it took, was in fact a pioneering club in Spain in terms of protocol, it has been splashed by a massive contagion in its dressing room. Valencia in recent weeks has had to travel at the whim of the calendar to two of the hotbeds of contagion in Italy and Spain. The team played the February 19 in Milan, when the health alarms had not yet gone off in the Lombardy region (they did two days later), and the March 6 traveled to Vitoria to face Alavés (club that last Saturday published two cases in members of its coaching staff). In between, Valencia received Real Betis at Mestalla. Valencia have been isolating their players since February 24. That day he began to shut down his Sports City, and took measures so that its footballers kept as little contact as possible with people outside the first team. He suspended press conferences, interviews, traveled to Vitoria during the day to spend as little time as possible in the hotel and in the city … and It was the first team to have to play in Mestalla behind closed doors due to the coronavirus in the Champions League, in the second leg against Atalanta de Bergamo.last_img read more

UEFA postpones the Champions League and Europa League finals without date

first_imgAs a result of the COVID-19 crisis, UEFA has today formally postponed the following finals, originally scheduled for May 2020.@UWCL@EuropaLeague@ChampionsLeagueNo decision has yet been made on rearranged dates. Further announcements will be made in due course. – UEFA (@UEFA) March 23, 2020UEFA’s intention was to place the Champions League final on Saturday June 27 and the Europa League final on Wednesday 24 of the same month if the advance of COVID-19 allowed it. Today these dates are unknown and the working group led by Aleksander Ceferin It is already examining the possible calendar to announce the new dates for the three continental finals.Initially the end of the Champions should be disputed in Istanbul on May 30. Meanwhile, the Europa League was scheduled for the May 27 in Gdansk (Poland). The women’s final of the Champions League was to be played on May 24 in Vienna (Austria). UEFA has officially communicated that the coronavirus crisis has forced postpone the finals of the Champions League, the Europa League and the women’s Champions League, set for next May. The European body has not informed of the new date in which the three postponed European finals will be played.last_img read more

María Pry, the only coach of the First Iberdrola

first_imgMary Pry is the sole trainer of all the First Iberdrola. The Sevillian is already a classic on the benches of the highest Spanish category, a exception between the First coaches. However, this season there was more women commanding.Irene Ferreras the season started from Valencia, but a lousy streak caused his dismissal in early February. Carolina Miranda took the reins of the team until the arrival of José Bargues. He too Lightning, Ferreras team, bet on a woman at the beginning of the course: Jessica Rodríguez, but she did not even make her debut when she was dismissed before the start of the course for “sporting reasons”. It is not the first time that Mary Pry she is the only woman on the bench. Already in the season 2017-18 it was, but in command of Betis until the arrival of Carol Miranda. Last year, Maria had competition with Irene Ferreras, which had a great season with Rayo. Another pioneer on the female benches it was Milagros Martinez, now in a men’s team in Japan, who in the 2014-15 season rose with the Albacete to First.last_img read more

The new Newcastle is going for the greats

first_imgThe television channel points out that lThe new owners of the club want to command the team a coach with more name than Steve Bruce, who currently holds the position. And among the four Pochettino seems to take advantage. According to ESPN, the former Tottenham coach, since November without a team, is the number one candidate. Allegri is also free. Juventus was his last team, after he announced in May 2019 that he was going to take a gap year.Newcastle’s new owners are working to attract great players and the urgent priority is to sign a striker. Great players like Edison Cavani are on the transfer schedule. According to ESPN, the new owners they have contacted the agents of Dries Mertens of Naples; Cavani, from PSG; and Wiliam, from Chelsea.The new owners believe that they can put together an offer and a project to appeal to any of their goals, like Everton did with Carlo Ancelotti. The procedures for the sale of the club are underway after this Monday, Mike Ashley, until now the owner of the club, and the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia formalized the agreement. The change of ownership of Newcastle and the announced acquisition of it by the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia It will place the new Newcastle as the richest club in the Premier League. And under such a condition The new Newcastle is heading to lead a revolution in the club in a big way … And going for the big ones.The first names have already come to the fore. For the manager position generateThe club highlights renowned professionals such as Massimiliano Allegri, Mauricio Pochettino, Rafa Benítez and Lucien Favre, although Pochettino appears as the best placed. As a great goal for the team, the signing of Edison Cavani, from PSG, which ends contract with the French club in June, as announced ESPN.last_img read more