Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Regional leaders and one-stop services, he went on to say, should fully serve all investors and the services should be extended to all investors, big or small, as small and medium enterprises (SMEs) also created jobs that could help boost economic growth.Read also: Foreign investment rules may be issued before omnibus laws: Senior ministerThe country’s gross domestic product (GDP) grew 5.02 percent last year, lower than the 5.17 percent recorded in 2018. Investment, which is the second-largest contributor to GDP after household spending, expanded 4.06 percent in the fourth quarter, slower than 6.01 percent growth booked in the same period in 2018, Statistics Indonesia data shows.Jokowi also instructed one-stop services to approach businesses. Topics : President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has called on regional administrations to fully cater to investors’ needs in starting businesses to boost investment, which plays a major role in the country’s economic growth.He said the state budget contributed only 16 percent to the country’s economic growth. The figure increases to 23 percent if the state budget is combined with the regional budget.“This means that private businesses and investment contributed 77 percent to our economic activity. This shows how important businesses and private investment are to our economy in creating jobs,” Jokowi said in his remarks at the National Investment Coordination Meeting in Jakarta on Thursday. “One-stop services should visit small shops, warungs and auto repair shops and give them business permits so they can gain easier access to financing,” he said.He instructed regional administrations and one-stop services to help investors resolve issues so projects did not stall, as the realization of Rp 708 trillion (US$51.7 billion) worth of investment was halted last year.“They can create so many new jobs for our people,” he said.
At least three people have been killed and thousands left homeless by bush fires raging in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, UN and NGO officials said Friday. The blazes began mostly as fires for hunting or clearing land that spread out of control, consuming villagers’ thatched huts, aid workers said. The Catholic charity Caritas said two men and a child had been killed by fires in the Kongolo region of Katanga province, where 996 homes had been destroyed.The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said it planned to launch an appeal to bring aid to the stricken villagers.Parts of the mineral-rich province of Maniema have also been consumed by fires over the past few days, officials said.“We have recorded 10,000 affected households in southern Maniema,” with tens of thousands left homeless, said Alexis Asani Ndalimbuzi, director of natural resources in the provincial town of Kasongo.Idrissa Conteh, head of the OCHA office in provincial capital Kindu, told AFP that the fires had also affected shelters for people displaced by conflict — leaving them homeless for a second time.In conflict zones, where land disputes abound, “arson is used as a weapon of war”, he added.
The Batesville Lady Bulldogs defeated the Lawrenceburg Lady Tigers at Hillcrest County Country Club by a score of 186 to 254.Scores for Batesville were Madison McCreary 38, Madison Harsh 45, Samantha Heidlage 49, Alana Pinckley 54, Isabella Stange 55, and Maggie Schwettman 62.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Tom Meyer.
Batesville, IN—The Ripley County Community Foundation awarded $35,000 in large grants to thirteen non-profit organizations in Ripley County in 2019. The large grants help organizations with a sizable project needed to support and enhance charitable reach. Recipients of the Large Grant:Batesville Community School Corporation – $1,500Batesville Memorial Public Library – $2,500Batesville Youth Baseball League, Inc. – $5,000Delaware Community Fire Department – $2,500Friends of the Gibson Theatre – $1,250Ginn Farms Corp D/B/A Fresh Local Food Collaborative – $2,800Milan Community School Corporation – $5,000Ripley County Health Department – $2,500Southeastern Career Center – $1,000Southeastern Indiana YMCA, Inc. – $1,950St. John’s United Church of Christ, Penntown – $5,000Totes for Tots & Teens (Project T3), Inc. – $2,500Town of Milan Police Department – $1,500
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is thankful Christian Benteke’s hip injury has not proved to be as serious as he first feared. Press Association However, when the the former Genk man first went down, the worry was he would be out of action for much longer. “The medical people give you the best and worst-case scenario,” said Lambert. “You are never quite sure until you hear from the professor. “Thankfully it is not too serious. Maybe four, five, six weeks or so.” Lambert was speaking after his side’s 4-0 Capital One Cup drubbing by Tottenham at Villa Park. The Scot felt the eventual scoreline, following two goals from Jermain Defoe in addition to efforts from Paulinho and Nacer Chadli, was harsh on his team. And the game hinged on a bizarre incident at the start of the second half, when Jan Vertonghen stumbled and as he was falling in the box made a grab for Villa substitute Nicklas Helenius. The Belgian succeeded only in grabbing the striker’s shorts, yanking them down to his knees just as he was about to shoot. Lambert has confirmed the Belgium forward will be out of action for up to six weeks with the injury he sustained during Saturday’s win at Norwich. It will keep Benteke out until November, a period that includes Belgium’s final World Cup qualifiers. Helenius carried on anyway, blasting over from an acute angle. To Lambert’s disbelief, referee Jon Moss opted to give a goal-kick rather than a penalty that surely would have been accompanied by Vertonghen’s exit. “It is the first time I have seen something like that happen,” said the Villa chief. “You hope you get those decisions. I don’t think anybody could believe he wasn’t pulled back.” Lambert wondered whether Villa would have got the spot-kick had Helenius opted to go down rather than stay on his feet and go for goal, although he did recall a similar incident at Arsenal on the opening day of the season. “I thought that myself,” he said. “But does it matter whether he has shot or not? At Arsenal the referee waited. “I have certainly not seen anything like that before.” Even Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas conceded Moss had got it wrong. “It was a difficult decision for the referee,” said Villas-Boas. “I can understand why Paul would not be happy with that decision. “Most likely in this situation there is no advantage to be gained and the penalty has to be whistled. “Probably we got away with it.”
The 24-year-old had attracted interest from across Europe after he helped his country to the knockout stages of the World Cup earlier this summer. QPR boss Harry Redknapp said on the club’s official Twitter account: “Eduardo is a quality player. He’s sharp, he’s bright, and he’s very lively on and off the ball. QPR have announced the signing of Chile forward Eduardo Vargas on a season-long loan from Napoli. “He can play as a number nine, he can play in behind, he can play wide, he’s very versatile.” The news of the deal to loan Vargas comes a day after Leroy Fer completed his move to Loftus Road from Norwich for an undisclosed fee. Vargas, who has also played on loan at Valencia during his time on Napoli’s books, told the London club’s official website: “I’ve come here to do as much as I can and I’m very happy to play for QPR. “It’s a very exciting league and a super-competitive league and a lot of players look forward to coming to play here in England. I’m looking forward to it. “My biggest characteristic is one of speed. I’m always looking towards goal. “My intention is to give 100 per cent and not let myself down and to work hard for the team.” Vargas scored five goals in 25 appearances for Valencia and has fired 15 in 32 games for Chile, most notably the winner against Spain in the World Cup group stages. He joins countryman Mauricio Isla in west London after the 26-year-old moved to QPR last month. Vargas is the Hoops’ sixth signing of the summer following Fer, Isla, Rio Ferdinand, Jordon Mutch and Steven Caulker. Press Association
Ronaldo scored the winner for United against Sporting in 2007, but has never faced the Portuguese side in a Madrid jersey.“It’s a special match, it’s a special team. I wanted to draw Sporting again,” Ronaldo told Uefa.com. “To play Sporting again is a priviledge for me.”However, just as when he silenced the Jose Alvalade nine years ago, he promised to not go easy on his compatriots.“It means a lot, it is the team that formed me, that I have in my heart, but I play for Real Madrid now,” added Ronaldo.“That is the club I have to defend, the club I love and that is why I want to win.”Ronaldo has streaked 10 goals clear of Barcelona rival Lionel Messi in the race to be the Champions League’s top scorer of all-time and is just hoping for a clean bill of health to be the first man to reach 100 goals in European competitions.“The only thing I can ask for is not to have any injuries between now and the end of the season.”Ronaldo made his comeback from two months out with knee ligament damage suffered in Portugal’s Euro 2016 final success over France and scored in a 5-2 rout of Osasuna on Saturday.Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has been cautious over rushing Ronaldo back, though, and refused to confirm his star man will play 90 minutes after lasting just over an hour at the weekend.“I am always thinking about the 60 days he was out, which is a lot for a player,” said Zidane tuesday.“He is ready and we’ll take things bit-by-bit.“If you ask Cristiano he wants to play the 90 minutes.”Zidane has a near complete squad to choose from with only Keylor Navas and Fabio Coentrao missing out, so Ronaldo could start alongside Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema up front for the first time this season.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUECristiano Ronaldo has said facing Sporting Lisbon is a priviledge, but in his quest to reach 100 Champions League goals he won’t go easy on the club that formed him.Ronaldo is just seven goals shy of a Champions League century having top-scored in the competition for the past four seasons as Madrid begin their defence of the Champions League at home to Sporting tonight.The three-time World Player of the Year came through Sporting’s fabled academy before joining Manchester United and later making a then world record move to Madrid in 2009.
It was an impressive comeback from the Tipperary town club, who came from 6 points down at half time to win the game.Looking forward to today’s fixtures in the County Senior Football Championship and Galtee Rovers/St Pecaun take on Ardfinnan in Group 3 in New Inn at 2pm.Clonmel Commercials face Cahir in Group 4 in New Inn at 3.30pm.Commercials strength and conditioning coach DJ O’Dwyer says that Cahir will have their homework done.Then this evening Drom& Inch face JK Brackens in Templetuohy at 6; Kilsheelan-Kilcash take on Killenaule in Monroe at 7 and Moyle Rovers play Aherlow Gaels in Cahir at 7. In last night’s County Senior Football Championship results Upperchurch-Drombane lost by a point to Ballyporeen. If finished up 0-12 to 1-10 in Sean Tracy Park.And at the Clonmel Sportsfield, Arravale Rovers overcame Fethard on a scoreline of Fethard 2-10 Arravale Rovers 2-12.
A befitting testimonial match is being put together for ex-Ghana skipper Stephen Appiah for June 13 in Accra.The ex-Juventus star will be having his farewell match at the Accra Stadium after officially announcing his retirement from football on January 19, 2015.Appiah who captained the Black Stars to their first ever World Cup in 2006, played club football from Accra Hearts of Oak to Udinese, Parma, Brescia, Juventus, Fenerbache, Bologna, Cesena and Juventus in over two decades.Appiah and was also part of the historic Ghana squad to the quarter finals of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.Details of the June 13 event is set to be announced at an official launch by organizers, Primeval Ghana on April 13.Appiah however is already out on a tour of Europe handing invites to his former clubs and teammates to honour his testimonial match. The 34-year-old was at old club Juventus’ training facility this week where he met former teammate and now club director Pavel Nedved and other officials to invite them to his official send-off event.Appiah made 64 appearances for the Black Stars in which he scored 14 goals.–