– Advertisement –
When you put on the Razer Kaira Pro Xbox & cloud gaming headset, you’ll experience audio like never before. Designed specifically for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox Game Pass, it boasts next-generation audio technology. This is due in part to its TriForce 50-millimeter titanium drivers and its HyperClear Supercardioid dual-mic design. The former provides individually tuned high-, mid-, and low-range frequencies so everything is super crisp. There’s even an EQ preset button you can use to enhance in-game audio, bass, and more. Moreover, this cloud gaming headset offers both Xbox Wireless and Bluetooth 5.0 for reliable connectivity and clear voice comms. Made for cross-platform compatibility, the Razer Kaira Pro works with Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X|S, and PCs running on Windows 10 or later. You don’t even need a dongle. So you no longer have to compromise on features or performance as you game. – Advertisement –
A Spanish charity which uses music to improve the lives of dementia patients has released a video of Alzheimer’s patient Marta Gonzalez, a former prima ballerina, who is transformed as she listens to Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake. Ms Gonzalez, who spent her final days in a care home in Valencia, passed away in 2019, shortly after this video was filmed.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Credit: Spanish charity, Asociacion Musica para Despertar (Music Association for Awakening).
When asked in his interview about the daily briefings, which contain a compendium of the government’s latest intelligence, Mr. Lankford repeatedly said there was “nothing wrong” with Mr. Biden receiving them so that he could prepare for the transition.Mr. Lankford said he understood why Mr. Biden had begun the transition process, given that major news organizations and television networks had called the race in his favor. But he also added that he believed Mr. Trump was entitled to press forward with his legal challenges because the race was close in several states.As for himself, Mr. Lankford said, “I’m going to wait this out.”- Advertisement – So far, only a small handful of Republican senators have congratulated Mr. Biden on his victory. Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, has backed Mr. Trump, saying he was “100 percent within his rights” to challenge the outcome in court. Mr. Lankford, a member of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee said he had already begun “engaging” on the matter. The General Services Administration would soon clear the way for the transition to more formally begin, he said.Emily W. Murphy, the Trump-appointed administrator of the General Services Administration, has the legal authority to begin the transition by formally recognizing Mr. Biden as the incoming president, releasing federal funds, making office space available and allowing the Mr. Biden’s team to interact with agency employees across the government. So far, she has refused to grant those permissions on the ground that the results of the election are not clear. Senator James Lankford, an Oklahoma Republican who sits on a key Senate oversight committee, said on a podcast released on Wednesday that he had no objections to President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. receiving presidential daily briefings, and that he would take action himself if that did not begin by the end of the week.“If that’s not occurring by Friday, I will step in,” Mr. Lankford said in an interview on KRMG radio in Tulsa, “to be able to push them and say, ‘This needs to occur,’ so that regardless of the outcome of the election, whichever way that it goes, people can be ready for that actual task.”- Advertisement – – Advertisement – President Trump’s refusal to concede has already affected national security issues, as Mr. Lankford’s interviewer noted on the KRMG podcast. It was unclear when and whether Mr. Biden’s team would have access to classified information that would allow them to learn about the threats facing the United States.- Advertisement –
– Advertisement – Zoom has said that it would lift its standard forty-minute limit on free video calls for Thanksgiving Day to make it simpler for families to spend time virtually on the US holiday. The removal of the forty-minute limit for Zoom meetings will be in effect from midnight on Thanksgiving Day on November 26th to 6 am ET on November 27 (4:30 pm IST on November 28).The forty-minute limit on Zoom will be lifted globally, the company said in an announcement on Twitter. The temporary relaxation will be put in place for Thanksgiving Day “so your family gatherings don’t get cut short”, the post read. The forty-minute time limit has been a major restriction on the platform throughout the coronavirus pandemic, which forces teams to restart the calls after the stipulated time.- Advertisement – Many of Zoom’s competitors have imposed similar restrictions, including Google Meet (60-minute limit) and all providers charge extra for enterprise-grade plans that remove the limit and expand the number of participants allowed.Zoom shot to instant fame during the early days of the COVID-18 pandemic. The company claims that it now has close to 300 million users as offices across the world have asked their employees to work from home to limit exposure to the coronavirus. The company was also recently directed by regulators to strengthen its security in a proposed settlement of allegations that the video conferencing service misled users about its level of security for meetings.Mi TV Stick vs Fire TV Stick Lite vs Mi Box 4K vs Fire TV Stick 4K: Which is the best budget streaming device for TVs in India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.- Advertisement –
Make sure the URL in the address bar contains no capital letters or spaces and please check your bookmarks.Popular LinksSky Sports HomeSky Sports FootballSky Sports Score Centre
Fortnite developer Epic Games recently bought a real-time facial animation technology company called Hyprsense that could, in the future, bring more facial expressions to the game. While the company has not shared any official plans for this yet, it did state this technology will give creators “full control over expressing their vision.” The team at Hypersense made the Hypermeet app that puts 3D avatars on people’s faces through a regular webcam. Hypermeet is able to simulate more realistic facial expressions in real-time.Last month, Epic Games acquired Hyprsense, a real-time facial animation technology company. Hypersense released an app called Hypermeet back in September that put 3D avatars, similar to Apple’s Animoji, on people’s faces in real-time without having to use specialised equipment. Hypermeet works with a standard webcam and can provide a broader range of expressions for the user. This technology could also be used to put your facial expressions directly onto a video game character, according to a report by The Verge.- Advertisement – Coming to its applications, real-time facial animation and motion capture technology could be used to add more facial expressiveness to the characters in Fortnite, besides the currently available emotes. For now, Epic seems to be focussing more on creators with this new tech. “Bringing on the Hyprsense team enables us to continue pushing digital character innovation even further and approach the goal of giving all creators full control over expressing their vision down to the smallest nuance,” Epic Games CTO Kim Libreri said.Hyprsense website states that this acquisition will help in Epic’s journey to develop better tools and systems for developers and players alike. “It will also give Unreal Engine creators the ability to deploy and drive the most advanced character assets, on any platform,” it adds.Hypersense could make this technology more mainstream as previous attempts by Epic have involved an iPhone’s TrueDepth camera to make a depth map of the face.- Advertisement – Which is the best TV under Rs. 25,000? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below. – Advertisement –
Dec 9, 2004 (CIDRAP News) – If states have extra influenza vaccine left in the private sector after the demand from high-priority groups has been met, people in lower-priority groups should be allowed to get flu shots, federal health officials said yesterday.The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said geographic differences in vaccine distribution and demand justify some exceptions to the policy of reserving flu shots for those at highest risk for flu-related complications.”Some areas have small amounts of vaccine scattered among private sector providers that would be difficult to redistribute,” the agency said in a message to healthcare providers. To prevent waste of vaccine, if state health officials determine that all high-priority people who wanted shots have received them and that doses are still available in the private sector, the state can expand eligibility for the available doses.”Such an expansion might include individuals who would normally receive vaccine such as those between 50 and 65 years of age, household contacts of high-priority individuals, or other populations deemed to be at risk by the state,” the CDC said.But private providers who have large supplies of unused vaccine should be encouraged to work with state officials to transfer the doses to other states where high-priority groups still need shots, the CDC added. Until all high-priority people nationwide have had a chance to get a shot, “vaccine currently held in the public sector and apportioned vaccine that has not yet been delivered should be directed only to those high-priority populations.”People who should get a flu shot this year, according to the CDC, include 6- to 23-month-old babies, the elderly, nursing home residents, people with chronic illnesses, pregnant women, healthcare workers who take care of patients, children who take aspirin daily, and people who have or care for a baby under 6 months old,See also:CDC’s 2004-05 recommendations on who should get a flu shothttp://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/bulletin/2004-05/bulletin3_092004.htm
Mar 14, 2005 (CIDRAP News) – A second Vietnamese nurse who had cared for an avian influenza patient was reported to have a suspected case of the illness 2 days ago, but a Vietnamese newspaper said today that the nurse is free of the virus.The nurse, a 41-year-old woman from Thai Binh province, was hospitalized in Hanoi Mar 10 with a high fever, cough, and a lung infection, according to a Mar 12 Associated Press (AP) report.But an online report by Than Nien News today said the nurse tested negative for avian flu at the Center for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi. Vietnam’s Central Institution of Sanitation and Epidemiology reported the test results yesterday, the story said.The AP said the nurse had cared for a 21-year-old Thai Binh man who remains in critical condition with avian flu. Last week a 26-year-old male nurse who had helped care for the same man was reported to have the illness. He is the first healthcare worker known to have contracted the disease, though health officials said he probably acquired the virus from poultry rather than from his patient.The 21-year-old patient is part of a family cluster of cases that includes his 14-year-old sister and 80-year-old grandfather. The grandfather tested positive for the virus but was asympotmatic, according to reports last week.The Than Nien News report gave no details on the condition of the 41-year-old nurse.The story said Vietnamese health officials are doing “extensive research” on how the virus has spread in Thai Binh, where at least eight cases have occurred since the beginning of this year.The recent cases in Thai Binh include two asymptomatic ones, that of the 80-year-old man and that of a 61-year-old woman whose husband died of avian flu Feb 23.Today Peter Horby, a World Health Organization epidemiologist in Hanoi, issued a clarification about a statement attributed to him in a Reuters report on the asymptomatic cases last week.A Mar 10 story had quoted Horby as saying, “There is no evidence that asymptomatic infection like this poses any significant risk of onward transmission, so it is not alarming in that sense.”In the clarification, posted on ProMED-Mail, Horby said the statement referred specifically to the experience with the H5N1 virus in Hong Kong in 1997, “where there was no evidence of onward transmission from asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic H5N1 cases.”Horby said his office is advising that asymptomatic patients be placed in isolation or home quarantine and treated with the antiviral drug oseltamivir. In addition, he said authorities should search for evidence of asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic cases among their contacts.See also:Horby statement on ProMED-mail
Jan 30, 2006 (CIDRAP News) – Keeping the taps flowing, the lights glowing, and food on the shelves may be a higher priority than caring for the ill during an influenza pandemic, the United Nations’ coordinator for avian and pandemic flu has said.”It may be more important to concentrate on the essentials of life for those who are living than it is to focus on the treatment of those who are sick,” said David Nabarro, as quoted in a Jan 28 Reuters report following a pandemic simulation exercise.The simulation focused on what might happen in one European country 40 days into a pandemic, according to Reuters and a Jan 29 story by TurkishPress.com. The exercise, run in connection with the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, revealed preparedness gaps.”It is only as governments have begun to do simulations that countries are realizing they are nowhere near prepared for the kind of damage this does,” TurkishPress.com quoted Nabarro as saying. “If we do not all work together effectively and get properly prepared, we will be badly hit by that pandemic.”Every government now has a preparedness plan, according to Nabarro’s remarks as quoted by the Turkish Web site. Other parts of society must be involved as well, however. Governmental groups, non-governmental organizations, businesses, and media have “real potential for synergies and coordination,” he added.The UN is examining fixed partnerships with key groups, including businesses, to respond to a pandemic, Nabarro said.”The focus on business is important,” Reuters quoted Nabarro as saying. “They have skills and can do things that governments cannot.”Communications will also be important, he added. One idea: The UN is contemplating using “flu-casters” operating in a World Health Organization bunker to broadcast flu updates much as television weather forecasters predict conditions.