EVERTON VS BOURNEMOUTH, GOODISON PARKEverton have won only four home league games – only relegated Villa have won fewer (2) – and they last won in front of their home fans in the Premier League in early February against Newcastle. Since then, Everton have taken one point from a possible 12 at home. Bournemouth have lost four of their last five.NEWCASTLE VSCRYSTAL PALACENewcastle are unbeaten in their last three league games, winning just one, but remain in a perilous position, in 19th spot and a point from safety. Importantly, the two teams immediately above them, Norwich City and Sunderland, have a game in hand. Palace reached the FA Cup final thanks to Sunday’s 2-1 semi-final win over Watford, and while they have 39 points, they need another win to be sure of their top-flight status.STOKE CITY VSSUNDERLANDSunderland have lost just one of their last seven Barclays Premier League game though five have been drawn, including last Sunday’s 0-0 stalemate with Arsenal. Sunderland travel to Stoke having conceded 39 away goals this season. Only Newcastle (41) have let in more away from home. But they have kept three clean sheets in their last four – after conceding in each of their previous 16.WATFORD VSASTON VILLAWatford return to Vicarage Road, where they have both scored and conceded 15 goals. Only Villa, with 14, have scored fewer home goals, but the 15 conceded is two fewer than league leaders Leicester City. Relegated Villa have lost their last 10 league games. The club record for straight defeats is 11, set between March 23 and May 5, 1963.WEST BROM VSWEST HAMOn Monday night, WBA drew 1-1 at Tottenham, a point which takes them 10 points clear of the relegation zone. West Ham, meanwhile, are sixth on 56 points. If they stay there, it will be the Hammers’ highest place since they came fifth in 1998-99. The 57 goals they have now scored is their best return ever in the Premier League, beating their previous record of 56 goals scored during the 1997-98 season.SWANSEA CITY VSLIVERPOOLLiverpool are flying high with three wins and two draws from their last five games in the Barclays Premier League. Swansea are 15th in the Premier League on 40 points, nine points clear of the relegation zone with three games to go. They have scored only 34 goals, 10 fewer than their previous fewest in the Premier League, in 2011-12.
Women from rural Montserrado, including Crozierville, Careysburg and Fendell, have attributed the poor turnout of voters to the lack of proper representation as well as fear of the deadly Ebola virus in the country.Speaking to the Daily Observer on Election Day, 47 year-old Madam Cecelia Togba, who resides in Crozierville, said the deaths from the outbreak of the Ebola virus, which affected mainly women, was a major problem for the society today and will be tomorrow.“Some women have three to four children that they need to care for and going to the polls now has no impact on some of them. There is no hope for some of these women for now and they think that this is not the time for election. Some of us still have tears in our eyes,” said Madam Togba.She explained that during the campaign period of the special senatorial election, only one of the candidates visited the Crozierville area leaving many of them wondering whom to vote for since “we simply do not know these people—the candidates,” she said.She said many people were no longer feeling the impact of representation, stating that, “We need to start finding food for our children rather than to focus on going to the polls that would neither help our children nor ourselves.”“We only want to know when schools will be reopened for now and start finding money to send our children back to school, my brother. We are taking responsibility for children from one year old upwards who lost either one or both parents or other close relatives to the disease. You cannot see your brother or sister’s child and other family members and not care for them,” she told our reporter.Ms. Musu Nyankoi, another resident, explained that she was only voting due to encouragement from one of her friends but said she had not planned to “waste her time for someone else’s children’s future while she continued struggling for a better life for herself and her children.”According to Madam Nyankoi, many people are frustrated by the impact of the Ebola virus and gong to the polls after so many families lost members, including husbands and children, brothers and sisters, without being able to locate their burial sites was a distressing thing for the people of Liberia.She said, “The government needed to come to the people first before the election time and make them to understand why should Liberia (have) elections and what some of the people who lost relatives need to do in this election.”A youth from Careysburg, Patience Kollie, explained that she was not voting in this election because she did not think Liberia needed this election in the midst of the deadly Ebola virus, which has destroyed so many lives.Giving her view on youth participation in the special senatorial election, Ms. Kollie said some young people, especially first time voters, were exercising their rights. “I will exercise my voting right in 2017,” she declared.She called on the government to focus on working with women mainly those affected by the outbreak of the epidemic and help reduce their worries as well as their responsibilities, most especially by helping to ensure that all orphans throughout the country are provided scholarships for an extended period.“If these orphans are given at least local scholarships and the parents are empowered to find food for their children and cater to their other needs, this will help us recover from the impact of Ebola soon. Some people have three to four orphans and no husband to support them anymore,” she explained.According to her, after the 14 years of civil crisis in the country, some people benefited by going to school without paying fees and helping the children will greatly help the society as well as reduce future liabilities.The Daily Observer visited several polling centers in rural Montserrado, including the Careysburg Administrative Building, Careysburg Public School, Fendell Palava Hut, Euphemia Barclay Elementary School in Bentol City, capital of Montserrado, and several polling centers in Paynesville, outside Monrovia.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Clinton N’Jie 1 Tottenham are set to announce the signing of Clinton N’Jie from Lyon in the next 24 hours.The forward has agreed personal terms with the north London club and is due to undergo a medical at their training base later today.talkSPORT told you on Wednesday that a fee had been agreed between the two clubs, with Spurs now expected to pay around £14m – including add-ons – for the 21-year-old. According to L’Equipe, Mauricio Pochettino’s men have beaten off competition from local rivals Arsenal to capture the forward, who will sign a five-year contract at White Hart Lane.Spurs were keen to complete the deal in time for N’Jie to join up with the squad for tomorrow’s home game against Stoke City but that now appears unlikely, although N’Jie’s official unveiling could take place at White Hart Lane before kick-off.
DDTV VIDEO NEWS: A rare bird which has been seen just once in Donegal for more than 150 years has made a return.Twitchers were over the moon when the Bittern was spotted at the Inch Island nature reserve in Inishowen today.Bird watcher and photographer Martina Gardiner managed to capture this footage.The Bittern was spotted last year for the first time in a century and a half. Its return this year has local twitchers very excited again. DDTV VIDEO NEWS: RARE BIRD MAKES RETURN TO DONEGAL was last modified: January 7th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BITTERNDDTV VIDEO NEWS: RARE BIRD MAKES RETURN TO DONEGAL
The Paul Pogba saga is almost over, with the Frenchman’s move to Manchester United almost complete.As the final details on the world record transfer are confirmed, talkSPORT take a look at all the recent transfer rumours involving the Red Devils.Signing Pogba will not be the end of United’s transfer business, with Jose Mourinho keen to strengthen both his defensive and creative options.The Portuguese manager is also looking to trim down his squad, with NINE players reportedly on their way out of Old Trafford.So, to see the latest transfer rumours about Manchester United, click the arrow above, right… Dimitri Payet (West Ham) – click the arrow above, right, to read the latest transfer rumours on Manchester United – The French attacking midfielder was one of the best players in the Premier League last season, scoring nine goals and registering 12 assists in 30 games. This form brought him to the attention of some of Europes elite – with the Red Devils now joining that queue. France Football claim Mourinho wants to add the 29-year-old to his squad to provide even more flair alongside Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan, although this will require a fee in the region of £50 million. 6 Matteo Darmian – Bringing in Fabinho means Mourinho needs to trim his squad, and Darmian appears to be out of favour under the former Chelsea boss. The Italian international started last season in excellent style, but he failed to show consistency across the campaign, and ended up losing his starting spot. Gazzetta dello Sport indicate Napoli are the frontrunners for his signature, and although the Red Devils will want to recoup much of the £12 million paid for Darmian last summer, the Serie A side have cash to burn following the sale of Gonzalo Higuain to Juventus. 6 Timothy Fosu-Mensah – Talented youngster Fosu-Mensah was named as one of the nine players Mourinho is looking to get rid of this summer, despite the potential he showed when given a first-team chance last term. Seemingly well suited to the Portuguese’s coach’s methods, it appears the reports concerning an exit from Old Trafford are wide of the mark. Speaking to IBTimesUK, the 18-year-old’s agent Jonathan Barnett said: ‘There is no truth in it. These reports are complete rubbish.’ Paul Pogba (Juventus) – Paul Pogba is officially a Manchester United player…almost. Various media reports indicate the world record deal to bring him to Old Trafford is all-but complete, and the midfielder himself has hinted at the move going through. He recently signed a Red Devils shirt whilst on holiday in America, whilst also taking to social media to poke fun at the reports about him – claiming he is undergoing a medical at Universal Studios amusement park in California. Adnan Januzaj – Once touted as the future of Manchester United, Januzajs fall from grace has been incredible. He is still just 21, and has 74 professional appearances to his name, but a failed loan move with Borussia Dortmund has shown he is not ready for the top level of the game. The winger was named as one of the nine players Mourinho is ready to remove from his squad, and AC Milan are ready to take a gamble on the youngster. Gazzetta World believe Januzaj will head to Serie A on an initial loan deal with the option to purchase him outright as the end of the campaign should he impress at the San Siro. 6 6 6 Fabinho (Monaco) – 22-year-old full-back Fabinho has long been a target of United, and Globoesporte report that a deal to take him to Old Trafford is almost complete. Mourinho has agreed to the move, viewing neither Matteo Darmian nor Antonio Valencia as good enough for the right-back berth. A Brazilian international, Monaco have already signed Djibril Sidibe from Lille to take his place in their squad, and the Ligue 1 club are willing to sanction his sale. 6
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREOregon Ducks football players get stuck on Disney ride during Rose Bowl event CANYON COUNTRY – A burglary suspect was arrested Tuesday night on a Canyon Country rooftop as he tried to flee, a sheriff’s official said Wednesday. A resident on Langside Avenue discovered Brett Paine, 18, inside his house at approximately 10 p.m. and called 911, according to a Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department report. Paine, brandishing a knife, ran out the back into the hills behind the residence, the report said. Deputies, using two canine units and a helicopter, searched the area but did not find the intruder. Later that evening, Paine was located and identified by the victim as the person that burglarized his home, according to the report. Paine was booked at Santa Clarita Valley station on suspicion of residential burglary. A search of his home yielded stolen property from previous burglaries, according to the report. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
A man who punched a 13 year old child in the face in a row over a fall-out at a school has been ordered to pay the boy €750.Fisherman Leonard Meehan came out of a pub in Ardara, Co Donegal and confronted two young boys who were sitting on a wall. After words were passed, 41-year-old Meehan punched the boy in the face causing his head to go backwards and bang off a wall.Meehan then walked off down the road.The accused appeared at Falcarragh District Court where he was charged with both assault and engaging in threatening and abusive behaviour at Main Street, Ardara on October 13th, 2015.The court was told that there was CCTV footage of the incident which was viewed by Judge Paul Kelly.Gardai told the court that the two young boys had been playing pool earlier in the day in the same pub which Meehan was drinking in.When he emerged from the pub, there was an altercation after one of the boys let out a loud cough.The incident resulted in the ten 13-year-old boy was attacked and left with a swollen face.Garda Martin O’Donnell said Meehan’s partner’s child was involved in a falling out with another child which had led to the situation.The boy, who was in court with his family, said he had fully recovered.Meehan, of 185 Ard Connell, Ardara, did offer a public apology to the boy and his family in court.Judge Kelly said he was ordering Meehan to pay €750 and ordered him to reappear in court on May 24th when he would then decide on sentencing in the case.And he added “He is to pay €750 as a gesture of remorse to young boy’s family to compensate for the ordeal he has been put through and for having to face the stress of contested hearing.“This was one of the clearest pieces of video footage I have ever seen. There is no excuse or provocation or justification and it is totally unacceptable for an adult to strike a child in any circumstances.”Man who punched boy following school falling-out is fined €750 was last modified: March 15th, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
A ROAD rage Falcarragh motorist who swerved his car at two cyclists has been warned he will go to jail if he comes back before the courts.Jonathan Doherty (22), from Ballyconnell Road in the town, pleaded guilty at Falcarragh District Court yesterday to driving at two cyclists on March 21 last year.Garda Inspector David Kelly told the court, sitting in Letterkenny, that two cyclists were on their way from Kilmacrennan to Dunlewey when they heard a car behind them blowing its horn. “When the car passed them, it swerved in towards the cyclists before appearing to lose control and then driving off,” said Inspector Kelly.Doherty also faced a number of other charges relating to other offences on other dates in 2012 including one where he stepped onto a road in front of a car.Defence solicitor Patsy Gallagher said his client had been in “a lot of trouble” in recent years.He said Doherty’s uncle had died in a house fire several years ago and “while he has never used that an excuse, at certain times of the year he did get into trouble.”Mr Gallagher told Judge Conal Gibbons: “He is a young man who accepts that he could be looking at a custodial sentence today.“However I would ask the court to consider community service. The last time he did community service it gave him a purpose in life and allowed him to give something back to his community. “Judge Gibbons said however that while some of the charges before the court might be explained because Doherty knew people, in the case of the cyclists, he couldn’t explain it.“Has he got something against cyclists?” asked the judge.“There may have been history in that he knew the motorist in the incident where he stepped onto the road but in the case of the cyclists, is it simply that he is a trouble maker and that is the long and short of it?”The Judge, addressing Mr Gallagher, went on: “Why should two people going about their lawful business in what is one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland and then they come across your client who for his own reasons decides to make their lives a misery?“Why should he (Doherty) not be stopped in his tracks and and shown how the law deals with people who don’t respect others?“It makes me very worried – I’m thinking of those two cyclists and the fear put into them.”The judge said Doherty had swerved at the cyclists just three days before he was due in court on other charges.“I’m obliged to send him straight to prison,” Judge Gibbons told Mr Gallagher.However the solicitor asked the judge to consider suspending any prison sentence to give Doherty a chance to prove himself.The judge sentenced Doherty to four months in prison for dangerous driving, but suspended the sentence for two years.Doherty was also banned from driving for three years and fined a total of €600 to include other offences of driving a vehicle with defective number plates.Doherty approached the judge, saying: ‘Thank you.”Judge Gibbons told him: “Let me warn you Mr Doherty that Mr Gallagher would need all his skills of persuasion to keep you out of prison if yoSUSPENDED JAIL SENTENCE FOR ROAD RAGE MOTORIST WHO DROVE AT CYCLISTS was last modified: April 18th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:FalcarraghSUSPENDED JAIL SENTENCE FOR ROAD RAGE MOTORIST WHO DROVE AT CYCLISTS