Kapiti baby dies of head injury in Wellington Hospital, man arrested

first_imgStuff co.nz 8 July 2015A Raumati Beach home has been cordoned off and a homicide investigation is under way following the death of a six-month-old girl from severe head injuries.The baby girl died in Wellington Hospital at 8.30pm on Tuesday night after being admitted on Monday.Security guards were guarding the Kapit Coast property on Wednesday and animal control from SPCA were also present at the address.Detective Senior Sergeant Grant Ferguson said on Wednesday morning a Kapiti man ha d been charged with assault on a child and a homicide investigation was ongoing.Police wanted to talk to anyone who had contact with the baby in the time leading up to her being hospitalised.“We want to build a full picture of the circumstances which led to emergency services being called to the address,” he said.“This is a tragic death of a young baby and the investigation team is very focussed on establishing exactly what happened to her.”http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/70057111/Kapiti-baby-dies-of-head-injury-in-Wellington-Hospital-man-arrested#2  Police investigate death of baby in Christchurch Stuff co.nz 4 July 2015A forensic investigation unit remains at a Christchurch house where a baby was discovered with fatal injuries.A St John’s Ambulance spokesman said two ambulances were called to a Truman Rd, Bryndwr house at 10.43pm on Friday night, where a baby boy was found unconscious.The 15-month-old was taken to Christchurch Hospital’s emergency department in a “very serious condition”, and later died, the spokesman said.Police confirmed the baby died shortly after arriving at the hospital.The forensic examination was expected to take up to four days, a police spokesperson said in a statement.http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/69962690/police-investigate-death-of-baby-in-christchurch# 3  Police interview parents of dead toddler Stuff co.nz 14 May 2015Investigators have sought advice from international experts as they try to piece together how a West Coast toddler suffered fatal head injuries.They have also interviewed the 15-month-old boy’s parents and spoken to dozens of their associates, including family and friends.Leith Allen Hutchison, from Greymouth, was taken to Grey Base Hospital’s emergency department by his father, Dane Blake, shortly after midnight on April 21.The toddler had stopped breathing and was in cardiac arrest, police said.Medical staff revived Leith and stabilised him before he was flown to Starship Hospital for specialist treatment. Doctors established he had suffered bleeding on the brain. The toddler’s condition deteriorated and he died two days later after life support was removed.http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/68519320/police-interview-parents-of-dead-toddlerlast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *